The concepts you will find here in the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto will be the core of my work and my unique contribution to the Hashimoto’s community. It’s uniquely me but I am sure it will resonate with you too. Why is this? Because it points at the core of who we are – human beings and not a diagnosis.
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
The concepts you will find here in the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto will be the core of my work and my unique contribution to the Hashimoto’s community.
It’s uniquely me but I am sure it will resonate with you too.
Why is this?
Because it points at the core of who we are – human beings and not a diagnosis.
Let me give you some context first before we go into the individual points…
Self-awareness the Basis of Self-care in Functional Medicine
Before self-care can happen there needs to be self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
I believe that a lack of self-esteem is a huge contributing factor why we have a growing chronic disease epidemic.
As patients in a disease-centric medical system, we pass on a lot of our power to the doctor in front of us.
We expect a “magical pill” that will miraculously resolve our pain and take away all suffering.
This will not work – as a Hashimoto’s patient, you need to break this cycle.
Building capabilities is at the heart of the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
It is time for you to develop the necessary capabilities as a human being that will enable you to experience health on a mental, emotional and physical level.
All your daily actions are driven by the often hidden inner workings of your beliefs, their resulting emotions, and your daily habits.
So, self-awareness is the capability you need to monitor your thoughts, feelings, and habits in a self-aware fashion without judgment.
You see training self-awareness on a daily level will increase our capacity to use this skill in different areas of our life.
Hence whenever you go through a challenge of any sort and want to overcome it you need to develop the capability to master it.
You do this via 4 stages:
from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence, to conscious competence to unconscious competence.
Let’s Push Your Mind towards unlimited Healing Potential
The person that has overcome Hashimoto’s has developed a set of capabilities to do so!
On a mental, emotional and lifestyle level!
And so can you!
You too can become a person that is able to get Hashimoto’s into remission.
How to Increase Your odds at Healing Hashimoto’s
Executing a highly technical, long-term focused, health building personalized treatment program based on functional medicine is not easy…
In fact, it’s quite hard…
It’s so easy to get sick these days and to stop chronic disease developing in its track takes knowledge, skill, and commitment.
You need to install the right mental and emotional paradigms first that will enable you to execute a life-prolonging treatment program!
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto outlines the major mindsets necessary to stay on course.
The core of the Manifesto: Change Your Mind to Change Your Health
We all need to feel that we are a human being and not a disease label – this is the major one!
We all need to feel in the marrow of our bone‘s that we deserve to feel well and can live a meaningful life in our communities.
In my opinion, a supplement or diet alone cannot fix this! We need to develop as a human being to get healthier.
How to become a health-conscious Adult
I had to grow up and take charge of my mental and emotional realities as an individual.
That was my lesson. What I learned was that these layers are really creating the direction for our daily actions!
For me personally, Hashimoto’s Disease was a wake-up call to develop myself into a more mature, skillful and responsible human being.
Having health in your life is the enabler for everything.
Let that sink in for a moment…
So what is it worth to you? Will you put in the work?
A change of Perspective can change the way you act!
It’s my job to help you get clear on what you need to start thriving instead of continuing to just survive.
Here are some of the key mindsets and beliefs you need to adapt to get closer to remission.
Health starts in the MIND…
From there it manifests in the way we speak, and finally, in the way we act in the world.
How to drill these points deeply into your subconscious
I am writing these in “I” language for you when it fits. In this way, they can act as affirmations for you.
Feel free to visualize what these individual points mean to you, how they make you feel and what impact they would have on your healing journey.
For optimum results write them out daily (morning and night) and watch how your life will dramatically improve!
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
- I am a human being and not a diagnosis.
- I alone am the person that can change my health.
- I deserve health and I give myself the permission to create it.
- Hashimoto’s disease can be an opportunity for me to become a health conscious adult.
- Hashimoto’s disease can be an opportunity for me to grow, learn, and self-actualize.
- I can learn functional medicine based self-care strategies and tactics to slowly stop disease progression in its track and potentially even reverse it.
- Self-awareness is a key skill is a key skill that I use every day to execute self-care.
- Becoming Self-aware helps to build my self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-worth as a human being.
- As a self-aware and self-responsible Hashimoto’s patient I take projected power onto others to help and fix me back.
- I stop overidentifying with my Hashimoto’s diagnosis to protect my self-esteem.
- I will guard my self-esteem when interacting with a disease-centric medical system.
- I will consciously choose a patient-centric medical system and learn to build my capacity in creating self-made health.
- Functional medicine can help me to overcome the “Tyranny of the Diagnosis”.
- Self-made health happens at a mental level, emotional level, and physical level.
- My daily mental, emotional and lifestyle habits are the foundation for lifelong health, wellness, and happiness.
- “Magic Pills” or “Silver Bullet” health solutions do not exist. I am letting go of this notion.
- I am building up longterm health on a daily level by doing more of what creates health and doing less of what erodes it.
- I will become aware of doctors who sell “silver bullets” with the help of Big Pharma. These doctors are simple salesmen driving profits.
- When I change your mental model of reality, reality itself changes.
- I see my health challenges and setbacks as a learning step in my long-term goal of creating self-made health.
- Adopting an opportunity mindset takes me out of the victim role and turns me into a lifelong learner.
- I shift my focus away from disease identification to active health creation.
- Health is a competency that I can learn. If I decide to do so – Health is ultimately a decision.
- Health is an enabler to fulfill my human potential so that I can contribute to humanity via vision, mission, and service.
- Health in the 21st century comes with its own very specific challenges and I will try to learn about them on an individual, political, social and economic level.
- Whenever I learn a new skill in life I will go through a growth process.
- The growth process looks like this: from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence to conscious competence to unconscious incompetence.
- Building new, health enabling, competencies lies at the very heart of my journey to get closer to remission.
- I need to be at the very center of a functional medicine based treatment program.
- I can change my mental models, beliefs and emotional frequencies.
- I continually ask myself if whatever I am using to get well is serving myself.
- Disease as a fixed situation is an illusion. The experience of disease is a momentary arising of many factors that are constantly changing.
- My genes load the gun but my lifestyle ultimately pulls the trigger.
- My daily decisions and actions have a direct impact on gene expression.
- Sleep, rest and relaxation are as important as movement is to get my body to heal.