The concepts you will find here in the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto will be the core of my work and my unique contribution to the Hashimoto’s community. It’s uniquely me but I am sure it will resonate with you too. Why is this? Because it points at the core of who we are – human beings and not a diagnosis.
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
The concepts you will find here in the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto will be the core of my work and my unique contribution to the Hashimoto’s community.
It’s uniquely me but I am sure it will resonate with you too.
Why is this?
Because it points at the core of who we are – human beings and not a diagnosis.
Let me give you some context first before we go into the individual points…
Self-awareness the Basis of Self-care in Functional Medicine
Before self-care can happen there needs to be self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
I believe that a lack of self-esteem is a huge contributing factor why we have a growing chronic disease epidemic.
As patients in a disease-centric medical system, we pass on a lot of our power to the doctor in front of us.
We expect a “magical pill” that will miraculously resolve our pain and take away all suffering.
This will not work – as Hashimoto’s patients, we need to break this cycle.
Building capabilities is at the heart of the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
It is time to develop the necessary capabilities as a human being that enables health on a mental, emotional and physical level.
All our daily actions are driven by the often hidden inner workings of the mind, its resulting emotions, and habitual reactions.
For example, self-awareness is the capability to monitor our thought, feelings, and habits in a self-aware fashion without judgment.
You see training self-awareness on a daily level will increase our capacity to use this skill in different areas of our life.
Hence whenever we go through a challenge of any sort and want to overcome it we must develop the capability to overcome it.
We do this via 4 stages:
from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence, to conscious competence to unconscious competence.
Steering the Ship of Health towards unlimited Potential
What does this mean for you as a patient?
The person that has overcome Hashimoto’s has developed a set of capabilities to do so!
And so can you! You can become a person that is able to get Hashimoto’s into remission.
Executing a highly technical, long-term focused, health building personalized treatment program based on functional medicine is not easy…
In fact, it’s really hard…
It’s so easy to get sick these days and to stop chronic disease developing in its track takes knowledge, skill, and commitment.
You need to install the right mental and emotional paradigms first that will enable you to execute a life-prolonging treatment program!
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto outlines the major mindsets necessary to stay on course.
The core of the Manifesto: Our Humanity not the Disease
We all need to feel that we are a human being and not a disease label – this is the major one!
We all need to feel in the marrow of our bone‘s that we deserve to feel well and can live a meaningful life in our communities.
In my opinion, a supplement or diet alone cannot fix this! We need to develop as a human being to get healthier.
Growing up and becoming a health-conscious Adult
I had to grow up and take charge of my destiny as an individual. That was my lesson.
For me personally, Hashimoto’s Disease was a wake-up call to develop myself into a more mature, skillful and responsible human being.
To become an active contributor to our society in a world with limitless potential we have to make the decision to become responsible.
It’s really the 1st step.
Having health in your life is the enabler for everything. Let that sink in for a moment…
Everything. So what is it worth to you? Will you put in the work?
A change of Perspective can save your Life!
And never in the time of mankind, we had so much information, tools and resources at our deposal to get well and to stay well!
Even after having been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease – this is so incredibly exciting!
It’s my job to help you get clear on what you need to start thriving instead of continuing to just survive.
Here are the key perspectives, mindsets, and beliefs you need to adapt to get closer to remission.
Health starts in the MIND… From there it manifests in the way we speak, and finally, in the way we act in the world.
This points continually expand so check in back a few times! And feel free to print this as a PDF via the button below.
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
- You are a human being first, and a Hashimoto’s patient second. Changing the order around will get you into deep trouble.
- Hashimoto’s disease can be an opportunity for you to become a health conscious adult.
- If you are still looking for that one person who will change your life, take a look in the mirror.
- To see Hashimoto’s disease as an opportunity for growth, learning, and self-actualization is a decision.
- Functional Medicine and Personalized Lifestyle medicine are based on self-care.
- Self-awareness is a key skill to execute self-care on a daily level.
- Becoming Self-aware helps to builds your self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-worth and as a human being.
- A self-aware Hashimoto’s patient takes projected power onto the doctor back. Through this he takes responsibility for his health and life.
- Over identification with a diagnosis reduces your self-esteem.
- A disease-centric medical system has the inherent danger to lower your self-esteem.
- A patient-centric medical system focuses on building capacities in the patient to enable self-made health.
- Functional medicine helps to overcome the “Tyranny of the Diagnosis”.
- Self-made health happens at a mental level, emotional level, and physical level.
- Your daily mental, emotional and physical habits create a lifestyle that is either building health or eroding it.
- “Magic Pills” or “Silver Bullet” health solutions do not exist. Let go of this notion ASAP.
- Longterm health is created on a daily level through doing more of what creates health and doing less of what erodes it.
- Doctors who sell “silver bullets” with the help of Big Pharma are not really doctors, but simple salesmen driving profits.
- When you change your mental model of reality, reality itself changes.
- Health challenges are part of evolution and can make you more wise and skillful.
- Adopting an opportunity mindset takes you out of the victim role and turn you into a lifelong learner.
- You need to shift your focus away from disease identification to active health creation.
- Health is a competency that every human being can learn. If they decide to do so – Health is ultimately a decision.
- Health is the enabler to fulfill your human potential in contributing to humanity via vision, mission, and service.
- Health in the 21st century comes with its own very specific challenges on an individual, political, social and economic level.
- Whenever you learn a new skill in life you go through a growth process.
- The growth process looks like this: from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence to conscious competence to unconscious incompetence.
- Building new, health enabling, competencies lies at the very heart of personalized lifestyle medicine.
- You need to be at the very center of a functional medicine based treatment program.
- Mental models, beliefs and emotional frequencies can be changed. Ask yourself if whatever you are using and experiencing is serving you.
- Disease as a fixed situation is an illusion. The experience of disease is a momentary arising of many factors that are constantly changing.
- The genes load the gun but your lifestyle pulls the trigger.
- When there is no YOU to make self-aware decisions it can lead to a sales fest of supplements, lab tests, and expensive foods.