The concepts you will find here in the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto will be the core of my work and my unique contribution to the Hashimoto’s community. It points at the core of who we are – human beings and not a diagnosis.
conscious knowledge of one’s own character and feelings.“the process can be painful but it leads to greater self-awareness”
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
The concepts you will find here in the Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto will be the core behind my work.
I hope that what you will find here will make an impact on you. Because that’s the only reason why I am doing this.
And hopefully, in the long run, it will be a positive contribution to the Hashimoto’s community globally.
In the beginning, I wrote it for myself but I am sure it will resonate with you too. Why is this you might ask?
Most importantly because it points at the core of a big issue – we are human beings and not a diagnosis.
Let me give you some context first before we go into the individual points…
Why You need to become self-aware to benefit from Functional Medicine
Before effective self-care can happen there needs to be self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-confidence.
I believe that a lack of self-esteem is a huge contributing factor why we have a growing chronic disease epidemic.
For sure it was for me. I can clearly see that now for myself. A lack of self-love led to many poor lifestyle choices.
To get your self-awareness and self-esteem up to speed you need to become good at the “inner game” of healing Hashimoto’s.
How You are defeating Yourself in a disease-centric Medical System
You see, longterm negative lifestyle choices lead to declining health, which in time will need medical attention.
Then as patients in a disease-centric medical system, we pass on a lot of our power to the doctor in front of us.
We expect to get healed by a system that can not deliver on that expectation. 0% self-responsibility here…
We expect a “magical pill” that will miraculously resolve our pain and take away all suffering.
This will not work – as a Hashimoto’s patient, you need to accept that, let go of your naivete and break this cycle.
Knowing that you are interested in Functional medicine already means you are on a good path already.
Nevertheless, habits are strong, beliefs are powerful and your convictions are even more powerful. And they and run the show.
What is the Inner Game to get Hashimoto’s into Remission?
Here is the kicker: it is time for you to develop the necessary capabilities as a human being to get into remission.
You will have to do things differently to enable you to experience health on a mental, emotional and physical level.
All your daily actions are driven by hidden inner workings that you need to make conscious first.
This is the inner game of healing Hashimoto’s: making the unconscious conscious and to create positivity and action.
Your convictions, their resulting emotions, and your daily habits are determining the results you get in life.
Why you need to become Self-aware ASAP as a Hashimoto’s Patient
So, self-awareness is the capability you need to monitor your thoughts, feelings, and habits on a daily level.
You see training self-awareness on a daily level is the skill that will set you apart from patients that remain sick.
Mastering it will increase your capacity to use this skill in many other areas of our life.
Whenever going through a challenge of any sort you need the capability of self-awareness to master it.
Self-awareness is the new superpower everyone is talking about these days.
The 4 Growth Phases you need to be able to spot with Self-awareness
Any challenge develops through 4 Stages:
from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence, to conscious competence to unconscious competence.
A person that has overcome Hashimoto’s has developed a set of skills and capabilities to do so!
On a mental, emotional and lifestyle level! And so can you. I strongly believe in that.
Becoming a person that is able to get Hashimoto’s into remission is a decision. Make this decision now.
How to Increase Your odds at Healing Hashimoto’s
Executing a highly technical, long-term focused, health building personalized treatment program is not easy…
In fact, it’s quite hard…
It’s so easy to get sick these days and to stop chronic disease developing in its track takes knowledge, skill, and focus.
You need to install the right mental and emotional paradigms first.
The second step is to execute Functional medicine based life-prolonging strategies and tactics on a daily level.
The Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto outlines the major mindsets of the inner game that will keep you on course.
The core of the Manifesto: Change Your Mind to Change Your Health
We all need to feel that we are a human being and not a disease label – this is the major one!
We all need to feel in the marrow of our bone‘s that we deserve to feel well and can live a meaningful life.
In my opinion, a supplement or diet alone cannot fix this! We need to develop as a human being to get healthier.
How to become a Health-conscious Adult
I had to grow up and take charge of my mental and emotional realities as an individual.
That was my lesson. What I learned was that these layers are really creating the direction for our daily actions!
For me personally, Hashimoto’s Disease was a wake-up call to develop myself into a more mature, skilful and responsible human being.
Having health in your life is the enabler for everything. Let that sink in for a moment… Everything.
So what is it worth to you? Will you put in the work? Will you decide to be that person on a daily level?
A change of Perspective can change the way you act!
It’s my job to help you get clear on what you need to start thriving instead of continuing to just survive.
Here are some of the key mindsets and beliefs you need to adapt to get closer to remission.
Health starts in your mind… I believe this to be utterly true.
From there it manifests in the way we speak, and finally, in the way we act in the world.
How to drill these points deeply into Your subconscious
I am writing these in “I” language for you when it fits. In this way, they can act as affirmations for you.
Feel free to visualize what these individual points mean to you and how they make you feel.
Ask yourself what impact they would have on your healing journey.
For optimum results write them out daily (morning and night) and watch how your life will dramatically improve!
Below you will find a link to download the below points as a PDF. Enjoy creating your health-conscious identity.
Being comes first, then the doing. Change the being to dramatically change the doing.
Your Hashimoto’s Patient Manifesto
- I am a human being with feelings, hopes, and dreams not a diagnosis.
- I alone am the person that can totally change my health and life.
- To say “I love you” Is the most potent medicine which I can give to myself and to others.
- When I love myself I can love others.
- To say “I forgive you” heals my past and brings peace to everyone involved.
- When I forgive myself I can forgive others.
- I totally deserve health and I give myself the permission to create it.
- My identity a the mental construct that is projecting my created reality to the outside.
- Changing my identity will change my actions from the inside out.
- Hashimoto’s is an opportunity for me to become a health conscious adult.
- Hashimoto’s is an opportunity for me to grow, learn, and self-actualize.
- I am learning functional medicine based self-care strategies and tactics to to create health and organ reserve.
- Self-awareness is a key skill that I use every day to execute self-care.
- I am becoming self-aware to help me build my self-esteem, self-confidence, and self-worth as a human being.
- As a self-aware and self-responsible Hashimoto’s patient I take back projected power onto others to help and fix me.
- I am continually building up my self-esteem and I am letting go of identifying with my Hashimoto’s diagnosis.
- I am guarding my self-esteem while interacting in a predominantly disease-centric medical system.
- I am consciously choosing a patient-centric medical system to learn the capacity of creating self-made health.
- Functional medicine is helping me to overcome the “Tyranny of the Diagnosis”.
- I am creating self-made health on a mental, emotional, and physical level.
- My daily mental, emotional and lifestyle habits are the foundation for lifelong health, wellness, and happiness.
- “Magic Pills” or “Silver Bullet” health solutions do not exist. I am letting go of this notion.
- I am building up longterm health on a daily level by doing more of what creates health and doing less of what erodes it.
- I am becoming aware of doctors who sell “silver bullets” with the help of Big Pharma.
- When I change my mental model of reality, reality itself changes.
- I am seeing my health challenges and setbacks as a learning step in my long-term goal of creating self-made health.
- Adopting an opportunity mindset turns me into a lifelong learner and is taking me out of the victim role.
- I am shifting my focus to active health creation and away from disease identification.
- Health is a competency that I can learn. If I decide to do so – Health is ultimately a decision.
- Health is an enabler to fulfil my human potential so that I can contribute to humanity via vision, mission, and service.
- Health in the 21st century comes with its own very specific challenges and I will try to learn about them on an individual, political, social and economic level.
- Whenever learning a new skill in life I will open up to and embrace the growth process.
- The growth process looks like this: from unconscious incompetence to conscious incompetence to conscious competence to unconscious incompetence.
- Building new, health enabling, competencies lies at the very heart of my journey to get closer to remission.
- I am at the very centre of a functional medicine based treatment program.
- I am changing my mental models, beliefs and emotional frequencies towards becoming a health creator.
- I continually ask myself if whatever I am using to get well is serving myself.
- Disease as a fixed situation is an illusion. The experience of disease is a momentary arising of many factors that are constantly changing.
- My genes load the gun but my lifestyle ultimately pulls the trigger.
- My daily decisions and actions are having a direct impact on gene expression.
- Sleep, rest and relaxation are as important as movement is to get my body to heal.
Get creating and change your identity!
Yours in health,
Matt Dippl, B.H.Sc. IFM